Friday 29 December 2017

29 December - Olavipe Girl, a little more progress

Well, we didn't get snow in Whitstable but its been very gloomy all day with squally winds and torrential rain.  Makes it difficult to draw, even with a daylight bulb in my tabletop lamp - its even harder to take decent photos

So here's what I got done today

This was after a couple of hours fiddling with skintones, adding another layer of colour to her scarf and colouring her top.


and then more colour/detail introduced to the scarf and top - although its mainly white, I can see pink/blue tones in the detail of the headscarf.  They are subtle and actually I don't think they show in this (poor) photo - but they're visible in real life. 

The photos really distort the image as they're taken with flash and in artificial light.    Fingers crossed that we get some sunshine in the next few days and I can post better pics.


I think this needs a bit of something in the background - in my photo the background is just a blur and it would be good if I can replicate that (backgrounds really aren't my thing but I think one is needed here).   Will need to build up courage for that!

I think in all this has taken around 5 hours so far, although I'm easily sidetracked. 

7 comments:

  1. got a bit of snow but it turned into slush :p

    5 hours is extremely fast with coloured pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this background was fine too, you needn't have changed it. It is a delightful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer. Hope you're feeling much better now?
    Hi Jo. Thanks. The pastelmat paper is coloured (sort of dusky pink/brown) but I thought it looked too plain ... should have left it alone with hindsight. Never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hands are feeling better today Sue,thanks for asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear Jennifer. Hope 2018 will be a good one for you! Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Nancy. Sorry it took so long to reply but I've been travelling in India for a few weeks and didn't have much internet time. Best wishes to you. Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x