Monday 10 October 2016

Mini Wirehaired Dachshund - Pastels on Fisher 400 - update

I don't know what's going on with Blogger tonight ... this is my third attempt to publish a post ... first the picture wouldn't upload, then it uploaded but was giant sized and then all my text disappeared

Third time lucky !!!! fingers crossed ...

Briefly, my client and her husband popped round to my house on Friday to look at the portrait  and comment on the dog's colouring.    They both recalled that the dog's coat is darker (more golden/brown in places) than it appears in the photos so this afternoon I've been doing some tweaking, and putting in a subtle, blurry background to make the dog stand out a little more from the gold coloured paper (Fisher 400 sanded).

Once again, I left it late to take a photo and the light was poor but hopefully I'll be able to work on it a little more on Wednesday and will get a better photo (we're out and about tomorrow having lunch with friends so I don't think I'll have any 'art' time)







6 comments:

  1. such lovely eyes :) the background looks good, doesn't over power the dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know about the coloring but the portrait itself is gorgeous. I'm sure both the client and the recipient will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you ended up with three blogs posted LOL. Dog is coming along well. Never heard of a dachshund like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is perfect Sue, makes the dog stand away from the paper and is more 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies ... too late/dark to do any more work on it tonight but will hopefully finish it tomorrow as there isn't much to do, just a few minor tweaks (unless my client thinks otherwise of course) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's coming along SO beautifully, Sue! I love the background and his bandana is perfect...he pops right out.. I look forward to your next WIP....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x