Tuesday 5 January 2016

05/01: BELATED HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope the New Year is starting well for everybody.    We've been enjoying a few days in the Sunshine at our home on Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands.   My mum is house-sitting in England which has worked out quite nicely as her own flat was flooded just before Christmas so insurers have removed all the carpets and her bed and she's waiting for replacements.

Today the weather turned wet (but its still warm) so I've been catching up on some chores, practising making crispy parmesan baskets as we'll be having friends round for a cheese & wine afternoon soon and I wanted to ensure I could make these small enough.    I would have shown you some photos but 'somebody' ate them all (not naming him but bet you can all guess who it was)!

I've also painted a few stones/rocks with a base coat of black acrylic.     We are banned from collecting beach stones at my local beaches in Kent but here on Fuerteventura (being a volcanic island) stones are plentiful so there isn't a problem.    Mostly the rocks are too rough and pitted to use but we had a hire car for a few days and found a couple of beaches where the stones were smoother so I collected about 10.     It'll give me something to do on days where the weather isn't so good ... yes it rains even here in Paradise ...

This was the final picture of Fudge - she has been approved and I'll be posting her to my client when I get back to England




6 comments:

  1. Fudge turned out beautifully, Sue! And lucky you having warm weather even with the rain. It's been very cold here.

    Finally! Can't wait to see your stone paintings. You've been promising some for a very long time.

    Enjoy your wine and cheese party and just smack the Nameless One if he gets into the cheese baskets again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    Thank you so very much for your caring and kind words! You're right - it's so difficult when your loved one is just not there.

    I must say your cat portraits are fabulous! A woman in the States would like me to paint hers - all seven in one painting! Slowly getting to it ...

    I wish you all the best in the New Year, and tons of creativity!!!!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cat, but what a name, she should have something more regal.

    The weather isn't bad here but pretty cold. -16°c here today. We have snow but not much really.

    Having hip problems lately. Not much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you both! :)

    Fudge looks great, very fluffy :)

    so many flooded houses this year all over the country :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful Sue! I can almost reach out and feel his soft fur! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cat! Your talent is awesome! You are in the Canary Islands? My father's family is supposedly from there before they moved to British Guiana in the late 1800s. Know anyone with the last name Mendonca?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x