Monday 7 January 2013

07/01: NEARLY FINISHED

I'm getting close to finishing work on this portrait and have just emailed this update to my client  for his approval/critique.   Again this is a photo, and taken in poor light, but I won't do any more to the drawing till I know whether anything needs to be changed.


and look at this poor little lady chaffinch .... 


I noticed her legs looked very lumpy and scabby so had a quick Google (as you do) and found lots of information (too much possibly).    It might be Bumblefoot which is a bacterial infection but I think its more likely Scaly Leg (caused by mite infestation) or bird pox virus which causes warty encrustations ....  all of them sound a bit grim and I hope I haven't put you off your food LOL

Poor little bird anyway ... it appears nothing can be done apart from washing bird feeders - but as these chaffinches feed from the ground I can't do anything about disinfecting the grass.   The good news is that this condition doesn't stop the bird from leading a normal life

and I'm really pleased that my regular sessions on Picasa - downsizing all my stored photos has really paid dividends.   I'm down to 13.5%  level with my storage allowance so miles away from having to pay to increase storage or stop using Picasa.   Yeaaayyy!!!


3 comments:

  1. This portrait is so sensitively done really lovely. I saw a bird with lumpy legs but didnt know what it was. Looks horrible, but glad to know it leads a normal life. I have found an easy way of downsizing pics called Pixresizer you may like to look at, your can change several pics at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Polly. I've heard back from my client so will be making a small adjustment and otherwise he's very happy with it - good news :-)

    I'll definitely try PixResizer for my own photo files on my computer as I tend to keep far too many large files and need to free up space. Thanks for that.

    Just been helping out a friend who hasn't been able to upload pictures to her Blog. Think its the same problem you've had as when I tested it I could add photos via Chrome but not IE ....
    Bl**dy computers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the poor little bird! I've never seen anything like that before but I agree that it's nice to know that they can lead normal lives.

    I think your portrait looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x