Friday 17 February 2012

17/02: I'M BACK!

Well back online with a working computer that is ....     after two attempts to fix my faulty computer (which included twice replacing the memory, changing the motherboard and various other bits) we then spent the best part of two days with the Tech Guys remotely fixing the other problems which remained when they returned the machine to me.   Its now very noisy, but very fast!

The computer problems have put me behind with exhibition entries and blogging as I've just had to concentrate on the most essential commissions and admin.     So this will be a short post as I need to crack on with a cat pastel whilst the light is good.

Here are a couple of graphite portraits I've recently worked on.

This was commissioned as birthday present for my client's wife

Ref photo:


Graphite drawing:



and this portrait you may recall seeing last year when I made a start on it prior to tackling the Christmas commissions.


Sadly I'm told the lady has now passed away so there has been a lot of liaison with my client regarding the likeness.  The scanned image I was initially working from was very dark so he sent me the original passport photo and I've re-scanned it at higher definition to enable me to glean as much detail as possible.  I've 'brightened' the scanned reference photo here but with hindsight I wish I'd have made this a sepia drawing which perhaps would have been more in keeping.   

Just waiting feedback now ....    will post more completed art tonight or at the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, I hope your computer woes are over now. A wonderful likeness in both portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good likeness for both portraits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x