Sunday 9 October 2011

09/10: MEET MY FRIEND

Just realised today is 09 10 11  :-)

The 'steamy' weather continues here and we have daily visits from this little chap and his friends ... they're very busy skimming across our pool picking up water 'on the wing'  so I was pleased to get a couple of photos of this one when it landed for a brief rest.

I'm not an expert on 'bugs' so will just call this a red dragonfly unless somebody can tell me otherwise





Look at its little red face .. it almost has jowls like a cartoon dog :-)

6 comments:

  1. lol 9 10 11...:p didnt even notice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having a lovely rest. I confess I am a tad jealous, just a little...;) Your friend is a Scarlet Darter, very apt I think. Have a lovely time XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer ... would have been great if I could have posted at 07.08 on 09 10 11 ... but I was still in bed then :-)

    Thanks Chrissy. I was really hoping you'd stop by and enlighten me as you know so much about these little bugs and critturs. Scarlet Darter certainly describes them well. They're really quite cute close up aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't notice either but am glad to know what your little friend is called! Thanks, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, I know that some people think I am a bit of a nutter but I love to see them close up...even if they do have freaky eyes, LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you're a nutter Chrissy. Close up, they are fascinating and if I had better internet connection here I'd probably spend more time Googling. As it is, I'll rely on your knowledge when I post the next lot :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x