Wednesday 11 November 2009

11/11: BACK TO WORK!

I've had a few days catching up on errands and very little work has been done on my drawings.  I still have a few things to sort out but as I've now received client  feedback on all the ongoing portraits I will be back at the drawing board this afternoon.

This is a portrait recently completed which was commissioned as a 40th birthday present for the Mother of the three children.  The composition was made up from three separate photos and I had to 'rotate' the baby as she was lying down in the original reference.   I think her birthday is today so hope she is having a lovely day


4 comments:

  1. Lovely work Sue. The children look adorable. Great job. They would be so pleased with this I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :o)
    The baby's clothing took forever - you can't see from this small picture but her outfit was quite highly patterned ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be a much-cherished birthday gift, I'm sure. You did a beautiful job.

    Hope the mom has a wonderful birthday also (& with a gift like your portrait, I'm sure she is!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jan. Her friends that commissioned the portrait were very pleased with it and it would be nice to know the reaction of 'Mum'. Sometimes you just don't hear back though do you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x