Sunday 23 August 2009

23/08: Romantic Engagement!!

Who says romance is dead??

This client asked me to draw a graphite portrait of him and his girlfriend. He asked me to add the engagement ring (he has ordered) to his girlfriend's finger ... and then he plans to display the portrait (which I have framed and mounted) in a shop close to where she lives. He will walk her past the shop en route to the restaurant where he plans to propose ...

unfortunately the ref. photo wasn't the clearest as it was taken on a mobile phone, but this is the end result
hope he gets the outcome he'd like ...... :o)


3 comments:

  1. Excellent work Sue, I hope she says yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too! Please let us know. I commented on this at the pet forum but will say again how well you did especially considering the poor photos and the time restrictions! Oh, would that we could wiggle our nose and do a perfect portrait in seconds as some clients think we can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jo and Jan. Client is collecting the portrait very early this Saturday morning and will propose later the same day .. I'll remind him to let me (us) know his girlfriend's reaction :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x