Tuesday 11 August 2009

11/08: Jake - Border Collie (not quite a WIP)!

This is Jake a gorgeous Border Collie. His Mum initially approached me in May enquiring about commissioning a graphite portrait. She has subsequently decided to have the portrait drawn in pastel and specifically asked for it to be on velour.

This should have been a work in progress post but I forgot to take photos in the initial stages. At this point I have used soft pastels on grey velour to map out the areas of black and white coat and have started to add blues and greys to give depth to his facial contours.

I probably won't do any more on this today. When I last had a 'proper job' I worked as Office Manager for a firm of Financial Advisers. They are holding their 20 year anniversary celebration today and the Partners have invited David and myself to attend the 'do' which will be held at 'Great Comp' in Kent. This is a beautiful 17th century Manor house with about 7 acres of beautifully maintained gardens. So I'm hoping the weather will stay kind to us so we can have a wander round the grounds and admire the planting.

If you are interested in Gardens you can read more about Great Comp here :


http://www.greatcompgarden.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x